Sign up for Summer Reading! All ages are encouraged to participate! To get started, Just click on this link >>> SUMMER READING SIGN UP
LIBRARY GUIDELINES FOR REOPENING – PHASE 2
–If you are ill or have any symptoms of illness, do not enter the library.
–The hour from 10-11 each day is for those over 55 or those with underlying health issues.
–Library hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m. 4 p.m.
–Use only the north entrance of the library.
–Number of people allowed in the library at any time is 15.
–Patrons should limit their time in the library to 15 minutes.
–Children under ten should be with a parent or adult.
–Curbside delivery will continue for those who feel more comfortable with this.
–Staff will gather materials for you ahead of your visit if you call us.
–Please limit the number of books that you touch when browsing.
–Social distance yourself in the library. We encourage you to wear a mask
–Furniture has been rearranged and removed for social distancing
–Computer usage is reduced to 30 minutes per day. Call for appointments.
–Staff will be wiping chairs, computers, counters, etc. after patron use.
–Return all items at the entrance of the meeting room.
–Do not bring items to be renewed into the library. We have automatic renewal.
–All items returned need to be sanitized. Your checkin will be delayed.
–Sneezeguards are at the checkout desks.
–Sanitize your hands before entering the library.
–Summer reading will be online.
–Meeting rooms are not available.
–Interlibrary loan is not yet available.
–At this point, fines are not being charged.
–Again, please SOCIAL DISTANCE in the library,
DIGITAL LIBRARY CARD
If you desire to check out materials from our digital collection and do not have a library card, we have devised an application for a digital card.
Your digital card will allow you access to Bridges—audio and ebooks and some movies and magazines. We also have Freegal which is downloadable music.
- Cards issued virtually while the building is closed are temporary cards. Once we reopen, you will have to come in to get your physical card and provide proof of identification.
- Access to our digital collection is limited to Hawarden residents and rural Sioux County residents.
- Your digital or virtual card will allow you to check out three(3) physical items unless you can provide proof of your physical address by emailing a picture of a piece of mail addressed to you. Email it to email@example.com
To begin the process, complete the Application Form below and submit or you can call us and we will take the information over the phone.
Once the library has received and processed the application, we will contact you with your library card number. Remember this is a temporary card.
VIRTUAL DIGITAL LIBRARY CARD APPLICATION FORM
Submit your request ahead of time (online, by phone, or email) and wait for an email, text, or phone call from the library notifying you that your items are ready.
Hours for Curbside Service
Monday-Friday 12 -3 p.m.– Beginning on Tuesday, April 14th
- Reserve the items that you want through the library’s online catalog, by calling us, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check our catalog to see that items are in before contacting us. That will save staff time.
- Wait for a notice from the library via text or email that your items are ready.
- Come to the north or back entrance of the library and call us that you are there.
- If you are walking or biking to pick up your items, make sure to maintain the 6 foot social distancing guidelines.
- A staff member will place your items on a table outside the north door. Do not get out of your car to pick up your items until the library staff member is again inside the library building.